Anime for 2008 Xmas party

Talk about whatever you want here.
anifan

Anime for 2008 Xmas party

Post by anifan »

8) I would like to suggest an older anime for our upcoming Xmas party: Bubblegum Crisis, as it is the 20th anniversary. This is a historically significant and influential anime series. Also, I believe that this would help in attracting new members - because I have been planning a big advertising blitz, to coincide with the party. :!:

:arrow: We need to discuss this at the November meeting. It is nice to do a poll... but that should be time enough - with everybody getting a little heads-up - to decide amongst what, really, is our current small membership. :oops:

:D I found a complete DVD box set of B.C. at the 17th Ave Wee Book Inn, earlier this year. It has *all* the studio done AMVs - which were seminal in anime. With the episodes and the AMVs, we would have enough time to play everything, with a few breaks, particularly if we started early. Kim wants to bring a few Xmas AMVs; now if Greg-san is willing to go late (it IS a holiday). :P

:?: :?: And - we have to decide what day to have it on. We have decided against Xmas Eve in the past. That leaves New Year's Eve... and WHO is going to work on Friday January Second?? So let's go half the night, like old times!! :wink: :wink:

h_rayz
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Earth, Sol, Capricorn Arm, Milky Way, 3rd Quantum Iteration

Post by h_rayz »

If you bring this BGC, I will play it for New Year's Eve!
^_^

JAWS RULES!

anifan

YEAH!! BGC IS ON!!!

Post by anifan »

:o Sounds all right to me!! :D I can DEFINITELY bring it tomorrow! 8)

:arrow: Kim has put a further posting under the AMV section as to details of hers.

:cry: Sorry about the delay. An update: Virtually no publicity - but how did the new(?) guy find out about JAWS?? Sadly, I broke my arm several weeks ago, and it has really been impeding me. (Very painful... I just wasn't screaming at JAWS last month.) Hard to type on the computer. And... hard to get around... yeah, I know, I'm not walking on my hands - but it definitely makes it hard to ride a bike in this cruddy weather. Speaking of which, I've been wondering about how it will affect our attendance. Oh well; I guess it will be mostly the same small core members. It should be a swell party though. :lol:

I have posted something under Where and When regarding start and finish times... looks like Ray has just cleared that with Greg-san :? (he's working late on New Year's Eve??).