posting listed but not available

Have something to say about the site? Let us know here.
anifan

Post by anifan »

:?: Well, this is definitely sticky.

:shock: Tigergirl has made a posting in the General :arrow: Suggestions forum as listed below - but when you go into the topic - nada. What's the glitch? I just talked to her by phone about this, and confirmed that she submitted it. Pls fix ASAP.

:arrow: { Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:55 am
:arrow: { tigergirl

anifan

Post by anifan »

:? Uh, well, hmm, I just might have to agree with the President of JAWS:
Togashi Rogi wrote:I noticed that you can't see (or at least I can't see :P) the date that a post was made. In the general index it lists the "last post" date & time but when you're actually reading the thread you can't tell when a post was made.
:oops: As to Tiger Girl, I think that I'll ask her to view the message herself.

:roll: I think that I was thrown off by the lack of Avatars at first (probably a network problem with the computers I'm using now).

Pellanor
Site Admin

Post by Pellanor »

Yea I noticed that you can't see the date either, which is rather frustrating. I'll have to add that to my list of things to take a look at when I have time.

As for the problem with the post not showing up, I'm not entirely sure what the problem is.
Is sounds like you're saying that it shows a post on the index page, yet when you click on the link, there's no actual post? Would you be able to copy and paste the link for me, so that I might be able to see what's wrong?

anifan

Post by anifan »

OK, sorry this is so tardy. I have been trying to fix Tigergirl's new place up all summer. :roll:

I just talked to her, and the problem, so to speak, is in fact that the highest posting date only, is viewable on the page outside the actual postings themselves. So no, the problem is not with the link. So, yeah, you can view the post, but you have to go into the actual topic first, and search by ascending posts - keeping track of when you think it was posted - also by looking at the total posts, with dates, by first clicking on that member's name on the outside of the postings! This gets kinda complicated. :x Oh, and BTW, there is nothing anywhere, including in the FAQ, about the workings of the date stuff. Please remedy this stuff somehow sometime. Although the above has a certain, if indirect, logic. Maybe this was the first step in addressing the issue....

Also what confused me are the "dates members joined up" (hey the lettering is small) instead of the post dates, on the actual postings. My bad on that account....

Well, I guess finishing the site first would be a priority. We need more members, but I guess that's actually a separate issue... looking up fellow members' posts means that you're in the club already.