Something interesting for Jan Meet.

Talk about whatever you want here.
tigergirl

Something interesting for Jan Meet.

Post by tigergirl »

When I tried to bring a couple of Music Video to the meet, I had eneded in failure, as some went wrong with the video. But that is going to change. If you want, I will bring Crazy Frog DVD, as it has the vids that I tried to bring and a few more MV.

So if I don't get any reply before the day of the meet, I will bring the DVD.

anifan

Something interesting for Jan. meet

Post by anifan »

Sounds OK to me, being that we could use it for warm-up and filler. It could also be better than the non-musical AMVs - "ATVs" (Anime Talk Videos) - that we've been showing. :roll: :? :o :( :wink:

anifan

Post subject: Something interesting for Feb. meet?

Post by anifan »

Kim kind of wimped out, and didn't explain it well enough, at the last meeting. :P The Crazy Frog thing is somewhat lame to me; otherwise it's more of a straightforward music video, with full CG. They are done in Sweden, and shown on Teletoon. We only watched one different one in January, but I think that the "Popcorn" one would be of interest to JAWS, if only because it shows mecha (underwater??) Interestingly, that is a real song, and was done in the early 70s by a group with analogue synthesizers called - hold on - "Hot Butter". They also had another big radio hit with "Percolator" (and no, they did not change their name to "Hot Coffee"). I used to have their ALBUM, folks! 8) 8) 8) (Update: :arrow: according to Wikipedia, they put out a second album - and "Popcorn" was actually a cover - but they had the big hit. Both of their albums have been reissued on a single CD.) Kinda interesting to hear a neo/techno version of their stuff... But the Jan. meeting almost crashed and burned, no real time for viewing, no folks - and even no projector for awhile! Just Greg's laptop. :roll:

:?: BTW Shouldn't this stuff be under "AMVs" or at least "Anime for Showing"?