Earth Day Anime

Talk about whatever you want here.
tigergirl

Earth Day Anime

Post by tigergirl »

Because our next meeting will be on Earth Day, I had gather some anime that are environmental theme.

Here is the list of the anime that I have:
Astro Boy 07 - The Red Cat
Astro Boy 2003 - 21
Black Jack - 10
Legend of the Forest
Miyori no Mori
Studio Ghibli Collection (1984) - Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind
Studio Ghibli Collection (1994) - Pom Poko
Studio Ghibli Collection (1997) - Princess Mononoke

As you can see they are either from Dr. Osamu Tezuka or Studio Ghibli, ok, Miyori no Mori and Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind are not from Studio Ghibli, but the former (Miyori no Mori) was made from a former member of Studio Ghibli and Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind was done by Hayao Miyazaki before Studio Ghibli founding began.

tigergirl

Re: Earth Day Anime

Post by tigergirl »

tigergirl wrote:Because our next meeting will be on Earth Day, I had gather some anime that are environmental theme.

Here is the list of the anime that I have:
Astro Boy 07 - The Red Cat
Astro Boy 2003 - 21
Black Jack - 10
Legend of the Forest
Miyori no Mori
Studio Ghibli Collection (1984) - Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind
Studio Ghibli Collection (1994) - Pom Poko
Studio Ghibli Collection (1997) - Princess Mononoke

As you can see they are either from Dr. Osamu Tezuka or Studio Ghibli, ok, Miyori no Mori and Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind are not from Studio Ghibli, but the former (Miyori no Mori) was made from a former member of Studio Ghibli and Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind was done by Hayao Miyazaki before Studio Ghibli founding began.
Here is an update to the list:

Suggested Anime from (Anime on TV Yahoo group, etc.):
Earth Girl Arjuna

Element Hunters

Eve no Jikan (Movie) (Not directly related to the environment, but more on the evolution of man and machine and how we use the technology. Might not be what you're looking for but I think you can draw parallels)

Kino no Tabi (Another human nature themed show, but I think that is the most important component in changing how we act. Understanding it.)

Origin: Spirit of the Past

Planetes (The handling of space junk. An issue few people think about when talking about the health of our planet.)

Shangrila something I believe it was called.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume (The whole reason she leaves the sea is because people pollute the seas, but I think that's about it lol)

The Law of Ueki? Main character recycles trash to make green

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (People dealing with what nature throws at us)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blue Gender

Ponyo is slightly environmental. All about the balance of the ecosystem and what happens when that balance is shaken? (Ponyo leaving her home.)

Star Blazers episode 1 The Battle of Pluto.. the planet is slowly dying due to a radiation bombardment by an alien race forcing the people to take shelter underground. The radiation is slowly seeping into the planet and it will become uninhabitable in 1 earth year unless they can find a way to cleanse the earth.

Trigun (Forced to leave earth in search of a new home.)

Wolf's Rain

I got most of them a day or so after I had posted at a few forums, the ones below tildes I got in the last day or two.