Possible Christmas Showing

Talk about whatever you want here.
tigergirl

Possible Christmas Showing

Post by tigergirl »

As I said to Ray at November JAWS (or I think I to said him), I checked out all the anime that I have, and found all the anime that have a Christmas theme or show:

TV - Azumanga Daioh - 17
TV - Card Captor Sakura Ep 35
TV - Chrno Crusade 12
TV - Digimon Adventure Two 38
TV - Excel Saga - 12
TV - Great Detectives Poirot & Marple - 19
TV - Great Detectives Poirot & Marple - 20
TV - Kobato - 19
TV - Kurau 08
TV - Ojamajo Doremi - 45
TV - Pokemon - 065
TV - Ranma ½ - Season 6 - 13

OVA - Itsudatte My Santa 1-2
OVA - Love Hina - Christmas Special
OVA - Ranma ½ - OAV 02 - Tendo Family Christmas Scramble

Although one note: I had to redownload the Digimon Adventure 2 as the file had been damaged in some way. All but the Pokemon show are subbed. Other than not possibly showing the Ranma ½ - OAV 02 - Tendo Family Christmas Scramble - as we had seen it last year - most of the shows could be watched; although I think if we watched them all, the meeting will go past maybe 1 A.M.

Most of these animes are mine, but a couple or so of them are Greg's as well. I have all of them on my new USB that I got at Wal-Mart for $30, which hold 16 Gigs of memory. As a suggestion, I think that we could watch the TV shows first, then the OAVs, afterward.
Last edited by tigergirl on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anifan

Possible Christmas Showing?

Post by anifan »

Oh that is actually quite a bit. I didn't that that amount could necessarily be dug up, on relatively short notice.

I was actually going to suggest some movies:

Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis. Although we could wait a bit. I'm recommending that we show this soon, as the almost fully restored 1927 silent film has been completed and now released on DVD. Kim has the Tezuka DVD.

Pretty Maid Cafe - a series of 3 20-minute episodes, combined into a 1-hour live action(!) movie. I found this at Otafest Lite in November - I can bring it to JAWS, for the Xmas showing, and/or after.

Cutey Honey live action Movie!!!!! Kim has downloaded this. I think the animated beginning is taken directly from the 1973 TV anime.

Little Nemo in Slumberland. I found a used copy of this - but unfortunately on VHS; it is also slightly edited (TV version). There is a DVD version, but the dealer I got it from only had a copy a long time ago. I will keep my eyes out for it, as I'm not sure if it can be downloaded offhand. It is historically important as work on it was actually started before Akira, although released later. It is very G-rated; we could play it at the beginning of a JAWS meeting. Maybe for next Xmas?

tigergirl

JAWS Christmas Party

Post by tigergirl »

The annual JAWS Christmas Party went fairly well. We saw a few of the anime Christmas shows, plus a movie that is (I think) the longest anime OR animated movie to date: 2 hrs, 41 mins - The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

The update as to what we saw will be posted up soon, I hope.

So here is the list of what we saw:

TV - Azumanga Daioh - 17
TV - Card Captor Sakura Ep 35
TV - Great Detectives Poirot & Marple - 19
TV - Great Detectives Poirot & Marple - 20
TV - Ojamajo Doremi - 45
OAD - Kiss X Sis: 2 (episode 3)

NOTE: We already saw Kiss X Sis: 2 (episode 3), last Christmas.

As to what we might see next year, (as to what I have so far) here is the (remaining) list as well:

TV - Chrno Crusade 12
TV - Digimon Adventure Two 38
TV - Excel Saga - 12
TV - Kobato - 19
TV - Kurau 08
TV - Pokemon - 065
TV - Ranma ½ - Season 6 - 13
TV - Urusei Yatsura - 010
TV - Urusei Yatsura - 079

OVA - Itsudatte My Santa 1-2
OVA - Love Hina - Christmas Special
OVA - Ranma ½ - OAV 02 - Tendo Family Christmas Scramble

NOTE: We already saw Ranma ½ - OAV 02 - Tendo Family Christmas Scramble, last Christmas.

As you might have noticed I had added 2 more animes to the list as I have discovered (as so far yet) as I have been downloading an old anime series; Urusei Yatsura and I have found out that there are two Christmas shows in that series.

I will update this post as soon as I either find or get some more anime that have a Christmas show or theme.
Last edited by tigergirl on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

tigergirl

Next Christmas/New Year's Eve Party - 2011

Post by tigergirl »

I had just found a site and I am slowly downloading a new show for me, Cyborg-009 and I just came across another Christmas show from this series and I will, hopefully, soon put up the new list showing what we might view for the next Christmas/New's Years Eve party.

The title of the show is: Cyborg-009 - 11: Christmas Eve Mirage.

I hope that we might see it in December 2011.
Last edited by tigergirl on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

anifan

JAWS Christmas Party

Post by anifan »

:? Actually, we had hardly any people show up. :( I guess that's because the weather turned cold that same day. The only good thing out of it is, is that the people who didn't show last month, but were there in November, can just continue with some of the same series. :roll: