oh herro

Talk about whatever you want here.
lololol

oh herro

Post by lololol »

I'm new here so i thought I'd stop and say hello. I'm surprised I actually found an anime/manga club aside from the UofC one here in calgary. Google knows best! I was hoping to meet some new people so here i am.
How do the meets at sentry box work btw? do you guys show subs of the episodes on the schedule? Sounds like funnnn

anifan

oh herro

Post by anifan »

Heh, sorry about the slight delay. We're recovering from the Anime Halloween Dance - and this computer crashed several times yesterday. :x

How did you hear about JAWS? Was it that - or from Con-Version? You e-mailed in the middle of the night after the Dance. :o

It is not too difficult - you just show up at the back door of the Sentry Box, anytime from 6:00 p.m. on. 8)

There are anime clubs at other colleges in Calgary, but they seem to keep a pretty low profile. JAWS has actually been around since the early 1980s. :P

We will probably playing a little something scary for Halloween - especially the AMVs. :twisted:

Yeah, we're doing mostly fansubs - including some obscure stuff, nowadays. The schedule can be a little random, though, if you look back recently. :? Sometimes we actually get to finish a series. :wink:
Last edited by anifan on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lololol

Post by lololol »

hmm I just searched 'calgary anime club' or something along those lines and somehow i ended up here.
Sounds pretty VIP. Or illegal?! I just realized it's the last Wednesday of the month. Hallows eve has a way of sneaking up on me.
I actually used to frequent sentry box. Weird i never saw an ad about this club while i was there. So ya i might see you guys there tonight.
There was an anime i saw recently that really creeped me out. Or was it a manga? wish i could remember the name so i could recommend it since i only saw one episode. or chapter?

anifan

oh herro

Post by anifan »

Ya, sometimes you actually get lucky when searching Google. :shock:

I actually starting coming to JAWS about the mid-late 1990s, because of a small poster I saw at the Sentry Box. We currently have 2 colour posters in the front and back gaming areas. We haven't always had posters up. :oops:

Otafest Lite is coming next Saturday - that's November 13 - at the University of Calgary. I do know that you can get them, on Google. 8)

:idea: I just saw your post on JAWS today because of the computer problems among other stuff. Guess you weren't able to make it out? We will be playing a movie next month, that we weren't able to show because of technical problems: Blood: The Last Vampire - live action. Plus we will be bringing the leftover Halloween candy! Not too many people showed up - hard to say if it was conflicting parties or a virus going around.

:arrow: Make sure that you go to our annual Xmas party on December 29!

We haven't always played fansubs. :? BTW: We did finish one of our animes! So we could start a new one in its place... :wink:

Let us know about that scary anima/manga; maybe you could bring it this month. :P