Witchblade 7 & 8
Shuffle! Memories 1 & 2
Jigoku Shojou 15 & 16
Karin 7 & 8
Death Note 2 & 3

Togashi Rogi
JAWS President

Post by Togashi Rogi »

And the long-awaited schedule update arrives :P.

I'm going to TRY & run all of what I've listed but this will likely involve starting slightly earlier than we have been (something I've been abysmal at getting done due to an overloaded schedule). I'm aiming to have the first anime PLAYING by 7:00 pm (this means I'll be there setting up by 6:30pm).

Shuffle! Memories appears to be a continuation of the first series but I can't tell if it's an alternate universe yet or not (since I haven't had time to do more than skim through the first 2 episodes).

tigergirl

Delays, weather trouble

Post by tigergirl »

:!: :evil: :cry: Last meeting had to be cut short as the weather was getting worse, a blizzard was causing some problem. Also it was getting late, it was past 12 AM when we got ready to leave. The blizzard wasn't that bad at the Sentry Box, but it was a lot worse as one traveled towards the downtown area and east of it. So we were not able to see 1 anime and eps 2 and 3 of Death Note. Hopefully we get to see them next month. :cry: :evil: :!:

If whoever managed the viewing maybe you can tee me which one that we hadn't seen as I can't remember the anime before we were suppose to watch Death Note. Thanks.

anifan

January meeting - unavoidable problems

Post by anifan »

I have been meaning to post something about this, and this seems to be the appropriate place all around.

We didn't get to see episode 16 of Hell Girl; nor of course 2 and 3 of Death Note. If we start promptly at 7:00 p.m. on Feb. 28, we should be able to show episodes 16, 17 and 18 of Hell Girl; then simply show the Death Note episodes that went unwatched in January.

I can remember episode 1 of Death Note pretty clearly from last November - but not many people showed up in January. Since we have so many Shuffle fans - who were also absent - I would firmly press for showing it again. The guy who was showing the anime, was saying something about the Shuffle: Memories series' continuation, being an "alternate universe", as Greg-chan suggested on the Forum. If I get it straight, apparently the popularity of the Shuffle series caught the makers by surprise, and put them in the enviable position - of having to bring the main character AND the series back to life! :shock: This came out of nowhere - it took ME by surprise!! HIGH SCHOOL ANIME COMEDY LIVES!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :P :P :P :P :P :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Anyhow, since the literal resurrection of the series in the first episode of the second series was so unusual - it was actually narrated all the way through - I would like to see both episodes 1 and 2 over again. And it WAS a series re-premiere. I know, we're getting behind. But maybe if Greg can show up early, we can show extra episodes or something. Although, understandably, those AMV awards winners weren't shown early in January, either.

But as for the actual JAWS film night, well, it was literally a night from Hell. I wonder if people caught an early warning about the blizzard - and decided to stay home. It was literally a milder repeat of December! Although that was a special occasion. Ray couldn't show up because of a sudden job schedule change. Anyhow, Greg-chan's SUV's back door wouldn't open - making loading and unloading equipment, including the screen, hellacious. Then the projector had the wrong power cord packed with it!!! :evil: Well, Greg was going to use the other projector as a back-up - but he must have moved heaven and earth to get the good projector's cord. Then Carol was phoned about midnight by the people from her place to be told that the snow was hitting. :x SIGH.

I think that Greg-chan needs some sort of special commendation. Where have Terry and his kids been? Terry, if you're reading this, have you given Greg one of those Hummer-size beverage mugs yet? :wink: