JAWS anime played before 2005

What we'll be showing and when.
anifan

JAWS anime played before 2005

Post by anifan »

Kim says that during Past President Leonard Halmrast's time, Baoh was played around its release in 1989, with no subtitles. Also the Dirty Pair TV show had bad fan dubbing. Kim remembers the subtitled Otaku No Video OAV from way back.

Occasionally in the early days, and later with the Oh My Goddess movie, an Amiga computer setup was used to live stream subtitles from the Internet.

The JAWS Xmas parties with special showings were instituted in 1999, because of the supposed Y2K threat. Later on in President Karl Reichert's time, we started having Halloween showings and cosplay. Some members began coming in cosplay in the early 2000s. After Ray Harrison became President, we tried special summer showings.

I joined some time in the late 1990s, and attended meetings off and on as importance and conflicting schedules of other meetings permitted me. I finally quit all those other groups to become dedicated to JAWS. "I don't remember" means I wasn't there to see it.

From Karl's DVD library, posted on the original JAWS website - with help from Kim - here are some of the titles we remember past Presidents Chris Guy and Karl Reichert playing before 2005 and the first posted JAWS schedule. They generally played them within a couple of years after English release. Almost all dates approximate.

NOTE: Some of the shows played at JAWS would have been from Chris Guy's DVDs; these aren't listed here. Also, towards the end, Karl didn't update his library listings on the JAWS website; so some of the shows he played aren't listed - I will post them when I find out. Any help in filling in the shows not listed would be greatly appreciated.

Macross - this was played in its various incarnations over the years

Tenchi Muyo! - 1st OAV - mid-1990s

Ruin Explorers - mid-1990s

El Hazard - 1st OAV - mid-late 1990s - Kim remembers

Slayers - seasons 1-3 - mid-late 1990s - I don't remember

Those Who Hunt Elves - mid-late 1990s - when I first attended JAWS

Rahxephon - late 1990s

Serial Experiments Lain - December 1999

Cardcaptor Sakura - Seasons 1 & 2 + both movies - late 1990s/early 2000s

Cowboy Bebop + movie - late 1990s/early 2000s

AKIRA - movie: Director's cut - 2001

Legend of Black Heaven - OAV - have poster with Xmas date:____

Dirty Pair: Original Dirty Pair + Flight 005 Conspiracy + Dirty Pair Flash: Mission 1 - OAVs - early 2000s? - Kim remembers

Blue Submarine No. 6 - OAV - early 2000s - I don't remember

Love Hina - TV Series - in early 2000s - I don't remember

Oh My Goddess - movie - early 2000s

All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku - OAV - early 2000s

Read or Die - OAV - in early 2000s

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi - in early-mid 2000s

Steel Angel Kurumi - in early-mid 2000s

Trigun - in early-mid 2000s

Chobits - in early-mid 2000s

Please Teacher - in early-mid 2000s

Mahoromatic Automatic Maiden - in early-mid 2000s