August

Post by Togashi Rogi »

Claymore 1-13

anifan

August

Post by anifan »

Hi Greg,

:D Thanks for making such a prompt posting! :shock:

8) I don't think any of the ladies will have a problem with Claymore either... I'll be passing the word along soon. Kim and I will work on making and distributing a poster shortly.

:wink: Interestingly, Gun X Sword also had a character named "Pricilla"... I guess the Japanese don't hear the extra "s" sound in English. As to why I think this is hilarious... phonetically, it is like the commercials I saw back in the '70s where a lady with a heavy German accent would advertise "FRIG-o-seal" on TV commercials... and no, it wasn't a condom - it was SEALing plastic containers to put your food in the FRIdGe. Of course. :roll:

tigergirl

When is the Aug Meet?????????

Post by tigergirl »

:? :?: I am confused as to when the date for JAWS is. Is it on the Sunday Aug 26 or Wednesday Aug 29? As we never had it on the weekend evenings before, at least as long as I can remember, at the Sentry Box. Greg and I are creating a poster to distribute now - but we need the correct info verified!! We will distribute it and put it up at Con-Version this weekend, as we are both going. Please reply ASAP!!! :?: :?

Togashi Rogi
JAWS President

Post by Togashi Rogi »

And we have a new bug :P. I can't seem to edit the date for this event but, for the record, JAWS will run as normal on the last Wednesday of the month (the 29th) not the date indicated in the announcement.

I'll see what we can do to fix the calendar.

Pellanor
Site Admin

Post by Pellanor »

Okay, I've gotten the calendar entry fixed. I swear I had it right the first time round, but something seems to have gone wonky. Most likely it was just a typo.

As for you not being able to edit calendar entries, I'll take a look. Your admin privileges might have gotten lost with the forum upgrade.

tigergirl

Thanks for the update

Post by tigergirl »

:!: :D Thanks, I was just wondering as it seemed not telling one way or the other what the date was.

I had corrected the date for the poster for the Summer Bash for Claymore. Thinking that and Greg telling me that the JAWS meet is on the Aug. 29. I also made it into a pic so that it can be printed if a computer doesn't have the fonts that are on doc. So I will get some printed for Con-Version and have some put in some stores, (i.e. Phoenix, Words and Pic, Sentry Box, etc.) so hopefully we will get some new members.

I hope that I can help in the near future with this website. :D :!:

anifan

August meeting

Post by anifan »

First, I have a problem with the new icons for the title line... where is the code when you're typing them in?

Anyhow, Kim means ME telling her about the date... it was put on the whiteboard with the August schedule, at the Sentry Box (TAC was crossed out).

Unfortunately, I didn't notice about the date myself until we started to make the posters a couple of days ago (Kim and I are about to print them up right now). :idea: :!: I think a lot of the problem is that the print with the date is so tiny, when posting on the archived schedule listings. Can we make it the same size as the event on there somehow?

Also, good news, I have found my heavy-duty staple gun (again) plus some packing tape - more of these posters should be going up elsewhere shortly after Con-version. As Carol will print some mostly B&W, we will give her some paper for doing so.

yiyth

Printing

Post by yiyth »

I did B&W because, my printer was acting up. It's working now (sort of). But I am busy. Think I can make it to Aug anime meet, but can only stay for a short time.

Carole

anifan

printing posters

Post by anifan »

Kim mentioned something about that when she went to Carol's. But the posters got wrinkled because Kim has a habit of picking up old water bottles (and it naturally leaked). But we went and printed some posters today anyways... despite glitches with the system that we were using (like not being able to add money on to debit cards with no cash system). Still, we might be able to use a few more in colour - but the picture program Kim has is not very fine resolution and causes pixellation - we don't know if Carol will be able to print the file with its font.
Last edited by anifan on Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yiyth

Anime meet

Post by yiyth »

Found out that I can't make it. The person that was going to help look after the child I look after, her own child has a cold. We agreed that we don't want the cold to spread. And concidering transit takes about 1-1 1/2 hours to get from a to b. Taxi is $40 round trip.

I looked at a new gaming store in the NE. Amount of stuff they have there isn't much. But I'm mentioning it because 1) handicapped accessable. More people might be able to show up. 2) The owner is agreeable and might give us a good deal on using the place. Might want to check it out. Myth Games.

Another thing, for Oct. Since Anime meet falls on Oct 31, any plans on it?? Like maybe dressing up? Halloween party? second season of Zero?

Just a few suggestions. Get them out early so we can vote/plan?

anifan

JAWS Halloween anime meet

Post by anifan »

Yes, definitely, I think we should try for costumes again, as we have in the past - the timing of the date can't be beat. But we're getting into having to post this as a separate topic. But... yes, I would like to see Zero 2. We'll see what Greg has to say tonight.

As to the other place, I will see if Kim can check it out. We are trying to get our own anime club going. There are two things with JAWS: (1) tradition of no money involved - a FREE club; and (2) long relationship with Sentry Box. At this point, I don't know if "pass the hat" would work: we have to build membership again first. And since it's a circular problem, we need to start with the "free" aspect. Just putting you in the know. But the real problem - and EXPENSE - for a new non-school anime club is getting video equipment!!!

Back to tonight's screening... I got around the debit copy card problem - after the fact. I postered last Friday, mostly around 17th Ave./14th St. SW. areas, but ran out of posters just before I hit West Can High School - not in classes, but a lot of youth hang in that area. Also I forgot to do Redd Skull Comics up the hill from me. I thought of some other places, some of which I did this time, while I still had posters.

anifan

Complaint: we are supposed to see entire series at parties

Post by anifan »

From what Greg seemed to mention at the end of Zero no Tsukaima in July, Claymore was supposed to be a whole season. Did he get his info wrong? We only watched a half-season. :shock: :x Now we have to watch the other half of it. From what I was able to find out on the Internet, although it was vaguely described, it seemed interesting - meaning possessing a plot. It was not too bad. Oh well, we never really advertised it early enough (or everybody was still on vacation?!) - so no one-time vistors were left hanging.