Anyone know a good carpenter?

Updates about the Site and JAWS can be found here.
Togashi Rogi
JAWS President

Post by Togashi Rogi »

Hi All,

I've just received the generous donation of an 8'x8' projection screen for JAWS (Thanks Terry! :D ). Only problem is, I don't have a stand for it & staples only sells Tripods for 6' screens.

I'd like to put together some kind of stand for the new screen. If anyone knows of either a place that sells large stands for screens or a good craftsman who'd be willing to help out, I'd appreciate it if they forwarded appropriate contact info to me.

Thanks.

Greg

anifan

Post by anifan »

Re the new 8-foot JAWS screen. I had a little trouble finding this posting (sorry Greg!). I thought that it would have been under General or Serious Discussion. :oops: :roll: But I did discuss this at the last JAWS meet....

OK. I think you maybe need a mechanic not a carpenter. :? :wink:

Also, I *probably* have a decent stand. If not, then I think that I could adapt something. :idea: :P

I hope that I can meet up with you this weekend to go through my stuff and sort this out, as discussed in our e-mails, Greg. :?: We have to make sure that what I've got is compatible beforehand (not next Wednesday at the Sentry Box of course). :|

BTW; sorry this is so tardy: nasty flu & stuff. :( :cry:

~~~ the other Greg

anifan

Insert Tab "A" into Slot "B"

Post by anifan »

Well OK. About this new screen that the other Greg has had donated to JAWS. Greg brought it and we had a look at it at the last showing in May. It does NOT attach to a tripod assembly. Instead it is a WALL screen. Since the Sentry Box would likely not accept a donation of this - or maybe they would - but anyways we wouldn't want any "gremlins" :mrgreen: there playing around with it :!: ...we need to adapt this. So anyhow....

Yes, I've managed to cobble together a sturdy tripod out of old stuff - and I can also adapt it. Good news / bad news stuff: Bad news: this sucker is big, so we have to cobble it together, and test it, outside - and this wet weather has continued to suck... :x Maybe this weekend...so we can have it ready for next Wednesday. :D
The GOOD news: this sucker is SO big that it will almost touch the ceiling at the Sentry Box!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I am not making this up!!! I took along a measuring tape last time... :!: OMG :!: Well, if your eyes have been knocked out before, prepare to succumb even further! This oughta really be a total visual trip... 8) NO excuses for NOT attending!!